The 2020 CCL annual in PDF form, downloadable upon checkout.
Can Christian community be good for you, me and everyone else? How do we deal with our sin? How do we learn to forgive? How can we raise up the next generation in Christ?
The Christian gospel transforms every aspect of our lives. If we don’t understand that, we don’t understand Christianity. The Centre for Christian Living, which operates out of Moore Theological College in Sydney, aims to bring biblical ethics to everyday issues—taking the theology and knowledge of God and showing how it shapes and directs every aspect of our daily lives.
To that end, we have compiled this annual, which collects some of the material from our activities during 2021: essays from our public events (which were all on the theme of “community”), highlights from our podcast and articles by members of our student team at Moore College. Our hope is that you will find this collection helpful and encouraging as you live out the Christian life.
Contributors: Chase R Kuhn, Tim Beilharz, Jenny Brown, Chris Conyers, Jordan Cunningham, Sam Davidson, Paul Dudley, Mark Earngey, Tim Edwards, Michael Figueira, Jo Gibbs, Dan Gillis, Paul Grimmond, Kara Hartley, Brooke Hazelgrove, Peter Jensen, Philip Kern, Isobel Lin, Ruth Lukabyo, Caitlin Ogg, Michael Parker, Emma Penzo, Kanishka Raffel, Ryan V and Dan Wu.
First published 9 March 2022. ISBN: 9780909443078.
Table of contents
- Essays from our events
- Community: What’s good for us? (Chase Kuhn)
- Our need for one another (1 Cor 12) (Paul Grimmond)
- Can Christian community be good for you, me and everyone else?: Q&A (Chase Kuhn, Paul Grimmond and Isobel Lin)
- Where do we start, in dealing with sin? (Chris Conyers)
- A framework for dealing with sin (Chris Conyers)
- Dealing with sin: Q&A (Chase Kuhn, Chris Conyers and Caitlin Ogg)
- Learning to forgive (Philip Kern)
- The God of forgiveness (Kanishka Raffel)
- Learning to forgive Q&A (Chase Kuhn, Philip Kern and Kanishka Raffel)
- The privilege and challenge of raising the next generation (Paul Dudley)
- Passing on the faith (Mark Earngey)
- Passing on the faith in our churches (Ruth Lukabyo)
- Raising the next generation: Q&A (Mark Earngey, Paul Dudley and Ruth Lukabyo)
- Highlights from the podcast
- Episode 052: Are denominations a problem for church unity? with Peter Jensen
- Episode 053: The glorious (and challenging) unity of the church with Peter Jensen
- Episode 054: Reading Proverbs as Christians with Dan Wu
- Episode 057: Living on mission with Ryan V
- Episode 062: Living out our convictions with Jo Gibbs
- Episode 063: Domestic abuse in the church with Kara Hartley
- Episode 066: Nurturing ourselves through the mental health crisis with Jenny Brown
- Episode 067: Bringing up children and youth in the Lord and in the church with Tim Beilharz
- Episode 068: Modern slavery with Emma Penzo
- Short articles from the CCL student team
- The spiritual art of rest (Jordan Cunningham)
- Christian unity in a dividing culture (Sam Davidson)
- Four reasons why Christians should be excited about the Census (Tim Edwards)
- A father’s hopes for his daughter (Michael Figueira)
- Now I lay me down to sleep: Building better bedtime prayers (Dan Gillis)
- Treasure your Marthas as well as your Marys (Brooke Hazelgrove)
- A wandering soldier (Caitlin Ogg)
- How to run a Bible study group that your members will actually want to attend (Michael Parker)