The Centre for Christian Living Annual 2019: A selection of the year’s best essays, articles and podcast transcripts
Where do we find real community? How do we make our church life together more joyful? What are our sexualities for, and why do we need Jesus’ help in this area?
The Christian gospel transforms every aspect of our lives. If we don’t understand that, we don’t understand Christianity. The Centre for Christian Living, which operates out of Moore Theological College in Sydney, aims to bring biblical ethics to everyday issues—taking the theology and knowledge of God and showing how it shapes and directs every aspect of our daily lives.
To that end, we have compiled this annual, which collects some of the material from our activities during 2019: essays from our public events, highlights from our podcast and articles by members of our student team at Moore College. Our hope is that you will find this collection helpful and encouraging as you live out the Christian life.
Contributors: Tony Payne, Chase Kuhn, Ed Shaw, Graham Beynon, Kristen Birkett, Richard Borgonon, Paul Grimmond, Michael Stead, Phillip Jensen, Rob Smith, Dominic Steele, Elsie Anderson, Karina Brabham, Sam Davidson, Michael Figueira, Steve Gibbins, Dan Gillis and Rachel Huntington.
First published 1 March 2020. ISBN 9780909443030.
Table of contents
- Essays from our events
- Real community (Tony Payne)
- Capturing joy in Christian community (Chase Kuhn)
- Why we need Jesus’ help with our sexualities (Ed Shaw)
- Highlights from the podcast
- Episode 24: Similar but different? Graham Beynon on gender differences and gospel unity
- Episode 25: The pursuit of Christian happiness
- Episode 27: A page-turner for the Lord
- Episode 29: Living with anxiety
- Episode 30: Not a podcast about Israel Folau
- Episode 31: An eyeful of idolatry
- Episode 33: The transgender tipping point
- Episode 35: Lessons from a pastor’s heart
- Short articles from the CCL student team
- Preparing for the end of the world (Elsie Anderson)
- Three lessons from the Lord’s Prayer (Karina Brabham)
- Satan’s devices in the digital age (Sam Davidson)
- The lost art of arguments (Michael Figueira)
- A blueprint for ministry (Stephen Gibbins)
- Pray for Trump (Dan Gillis)
- What to expect when you’re not actually expecting (Rachel Huntington)