The Centre for Christian Living Annual 2020: A selection of the year’s best essays, articles and podcast transcripts
Is freedom of religion a human right? Is life without sex both good and realistic? How can we face infertility together as a church family?
The Christian gospel transforms every aspect of our lives. If we don’t understand that, we don’t understand Christianity. The Centre for Christian Living, which operates out of Moore Theological College in Sydney, aims to bring biblical ethics to everyday issues—taking the theology and knowledge of God and showing how it shapes and directs every aspect of our daily lives.
To that end, we have compiled this annual, which collects some of the material from our activities during 2020: essays from our public events, highlights from our podcast and articles by members of our student team at Moore College. Our hope is that you will find this collection helpful and encouraging as you live out the Christian life.
Contributors: Chase R Kuhn, Akos Balogh, Megan Best, Karina Brabham, Caroline Clark, Jordan Cunningham, Sam Davidson, Mark Earngey, Michael Figueira, Simon Gillham, Dan Gillis, Brooke Hazelgrove, Peter Jensen, Michael Kellahan, Jonathan Morris, Nigel Styles, Dani Treweek, Chris Thomson, Carl Trueman and David VanDrunen.
First published 3 March 2021. ISBN: 9780909443054.
Table of contents
- Essays from our events
- Is freedom of religion a human right? (Michael Kellahan and Chase R Kuhn)
- Life without sex: Is it good? (Dani Treweek)
- Life without sex: Is it realistic? (Chris Thomson)
- Facing infertility as a church family (Jonathan Morris and Megan Best)
- Highlights from the podcast
- Episode 38: Mission in a time of global pandemic with Simon Gillham
- Episode 39: Are sermons necessary? with Nigel Styles
- Episode 40: Religious freedom and the government with Akog Balogh
- Episode 41: Transformation in the Christian life with Caroline Clark
- Episode 43: The Lord’s Supper and the Christian life with Mark Earngey
- Episode 47: Woke Christian Living? with Carl Trueman
- Episode 49: Politics, elections and responsible Christian living with David VanDrunen
- Episode 51: The rise and triumph of the modern self with Carl Trueman
- Episode 52: Are denominations a problem for church unity? with Peter Jensen
- Short articles from the CCL student team
- Unstopping our gospel joy (Karina Brabham)
- Christian, how should you worship? (Jordan Cunningham)
- Three ways to equip your kids and youth ministries for the transgender challenge (Sam Davidson)
- The precious gift of time (Michael Figueira)
- The gallery of God (Dan Gillis)
- Australians, vulnerability and the gospel (Brooke Hazelgrove)