The 2018 CCL annual in PDF form, downloadable upon checkout.
How should we deal with our guilt and shame? How should we think about freedom? What is Spirit-inspired Christian living? How does our understanding of hell affect the way we live the Christian life?
The Christian gospel transforms every aspect of our lives. If we don’t understand that, we don’t understand Christianity. The Centre for Christian Living, which operates out of Moore Theological College in Sydney, aims to bring biblical ethics to everyday issues—taking the theology and knowledge of God and showing how it shapes and directs every aspect of our daily lives.
To that end, we have compiled this annual, which collects some of the material from our activities during 2019: essays from our public events, highlights from our podcast and articles by members of our student team at Moore College. Our hope is that you will find this collection helpful and encouraging as you live out the Christian life.
Contributors: Tony Payne, Sam Allberry, Karina Brabham, Tim Challies, Tim Chester, Susan Duc, Stephen Gibbins, Os Guinness, David Höhne, Phillip Jensen, Kelly Kapic, William Quach, Dani Treweek, Scott Williams, Paul Williamson and William Quach.
Table of contents
- Essays from our events
- Dealing with guilt and shame (Dan Wu)
- The greatest enemy of freedom is freedom (Os Guinness)
- Spirit-inspired Christian living (Phillip Jensen)
- A hell of a difference: How our understanding of hell affects the Christian life (Paul Williamson)
- Highlights from the podcast
- Episode 014: Tim Challies on history, evangelism, technology, culture and more
- Episode 015: What’s the deal with Jordan Peterson? David Höhne and Tony Payne in conversation
- Episode 018: Hard thoughts about pain and suffering: An interview with Kelly Kapic
- Episode 019: Being single and Christian: An interview with Dani Treweek
- Episode 020: “Is God Anti-Gay?” with Sam Allberry
- Episode 022: Enjoying God: An interview with Tim Chester
- Short articles from the CCL student team
- Getting the balance right: Serving and rest (Karina Brabham)
- Pastors! Your youth ministry is already doomed (Scott Williams)
- Why bother reading the Bible? (Stephen Gibbins)
- The joy of singleness (Susan Duc)
- So you’re thinking of changing churches (William Quach)